A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

G & H and A Week off Chemo

I sometimes eat while on my laptop, or maybe snack is a better word.  Today I tried to type and found a large cookie crumb under the G. 

I have pulled keys off and popped them back on before when something got under them so I tried it again.   This time it didn’t work.  Two little plastic things flew off and I couldn’t figure out how they fit back together.

So I pulled off the H so I could look at how it looked underneath.  It also flew apart.  Clumsy fingers. 

001

As you can see they are still off and I am typing on little buttons for the G & H.  Maybe tomorrow I’ll stop by the computer shop up the street and let him fix it.

Lory was here and she couldn’t figure it out either.  She did some laundry and we went out to lunch. 

Tuesday I went to the bank, the post office, the gas station, and the Dollar General.  Wow such energy.

This is my seven days off Xeloda chemo pills.  I try to get as much done as I can during the week off.  It may just be in my mind that I feel better during this week.  Whatever it is I will take advantage of it.

It has been drippy all day, a good kind of rain that will soak in well.  There has been no thunder or lightening.  So why is Bandit trembling so badly his teeth rattle? 

The last time I tried to give him pills he swallowed one and spit out the other.  I tried every trick I knew to get his mouth open again but no luck. 

So I put the second pill in a piece of hotdog and cut a couple of other pieces.  I gave him the non-pill piece first, then the pill one.  Success.  The third piece went to Teddy just for fairness.

So I am pushing drugs on a dog but I think I just heard him climb into the bathtub anyway.

Later….

No comments: