A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Nothing Much

Nothing much happening.  Just doing a little shopping for food and paper towels and laundry detergent etc.  I even found a bar of Lava soap!

RAMBLE WARNING

Years ago when I was going to business school in Columbus, OH, I worked part time for a music store.

They repaired musical instruments and sold music scores.  Their main customers were schools all over Ohio.  They got dirty and messed up the bathroom sink with slimy soap.

I hate to admit that one of my jobs was to clean that bathroom.  So when we needed more hand soap I bought them a bar of Lava and cleaned the sink.

They were very impressed with the new bar of soap and how it didn’t leave soap scum on the sink.  I told them it was hand soap and showed them the wrapper.  Farm girls do know a few things that city folks don’t need to know.

I got paid $1.00/hour for that job.   That was the minimum wage then. 

I lived in an old house with thirty girls.  There was a kitchen in the basement.  There were several refrigerators and we were designated a quarter of a shelf to keep our food.

A lot of blind dates were arranged.  I accepted a blind date to the school’s halloween party.  It was with an Airforce man.  There is something about a man in a uniform. 

Our dates consisted of a coke with two straws sitting in Isaly's playing chess.   Six months later we were married.  It lasted 23 years and three kids.

Gosh that was a long time ago. 

Enough ramble.

later….

 

1 comment:

Lory said...

Never heard that story before...I want MORE!!! Love ya Mom