A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Chemo & Diet

Apparently my appetite is coming back as the scales show I have gained a couple of pounds.

I have started my Xeloda chemo pills again.  All this chemo would make me an expert on telling if someone was being poisoned.   Tired?  No Energy?  Messed up digestion?  ETC ETC.  Enough pity party.

In managing my diet, trying not to mix protein and starch in any given meal, I tried salmon patties and meat loaf by using ground up dried peas and  agar in place of bread crumbs.  That was edible.  Well, it got eaten.

The next experiment is using ground up dried mushrooms in place of bread crumbs.  My sister sent me some white powder (ground dried mushrooms).  The four small meatloaves are now in the oven. 

I make small loaves and freeze them.  There is just one of me after all.

While I was at the doctor’s office yesterday Bandit, the short, long bassett dog, did some counter surfing.  He ate two large pastries I bought as my reward for shopping. 

When doggy supper time arrived he got the empty box for his supper.  Teddy got his regular dog food.  I had to intervene to keep Bandit from bullying Teddy away from his food. 

Poor old Bandit who can barely get in and out of the house can stand on his hind legs and get food off the counter.  HAH!!

I’ll let you know how the new recipe for meat loaf turns out.

later….

 

No comments: