A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Fun Overdone Thursday

Thursday was the beginning of the Butter St Barn’s monthly barn buster sale.  Lory and I took a carload over to the sale. 

I helped a little with the set up, not much.  Mostly I sat and chatted with people and drank some of my ginger ale that I had carried in my purse. 

Susan came by from her work and we went to Subway for lunch.  About then I realized that the ginger ale had leaked in my purse.  Those water bottles they give you at the hospital are crappy.

There were almost no customers so we brought our stuff in after lunch and I came home and took a nap.

I took everything out of my sticky purse and wiped it off and rinsed off the purse.

After the nap I remembered I was supposed to go pick up a prescription.  So off to the drug store.  I went thru the drive in window as I didn’t need anything else.

On the way home I passed a huge church rummage sale.   Actually I didn’t pass it.  I stopped.

I found a manikin of just the top half of a female, but cloth covered.  I dealt for that but didn’t have that much money with me.  After all I was just going to the drug store and my purse and contents were all still wet.

I went home and got more money to pay for the manikin.  Went back and looked around some more to be sure I had seen everything. 

I found one more thing I wanted.

2011-08 001

It’s a very old jack-in-the-box.  It says Germany on the bottom.  Three of the corners of the box are split and I think jack was holding something in his hands originally.  There is no crank or music box.  Must be you just opened the lid and he popped out.

I’m afraid to try to glue the corners.  Jack is leaning on the side and he would probably push that side back out anyway.  So Lory & I put a rubber band around it. 

That face  is very scary.  We used to scare kids – maybe we still do.  That’s not a bad thing.  The world is scary so they need to get used to it.

After all that running around I pretty much stayed on the couch today.  My feet are sore.

later….

No comments: