A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Chemo Pills and Trash Day

Today I stayed home so I would be here when UPS delivered my next round of chemo pills (Xeloda).  They came just after 1:00.  I washed dishes while I waited. 

So far this kind of chemo seems to allow my hair to grow and I have more appetite.  Food even tastes better.  Is this good?  I don’t know.  Does chemo have to make you miserable to work? 

Only time will tell but I’ll take these improvements while I have them.  The next PET scans aren’t until the end of September (I think).  So far the scans have been about every three months and June 27 was the last one.

I finished the second round of these pills this morning so now I have a seven day break before starting the next two week round.

I’ve been getting small tomatoes from the garden.  These should be large tomatoes.  Maybe it was the excessive heat that is making them small.  They are very tasty and they have made a small sore at the corner of my mouth.  They are worth it.

This is trash day and I got mine out to the street.  I walk very carefully as the bottoms of my feet are red and sore.  That is the major side effect of Xeloda.  I haven’t figured out how to get along without walking.  I use the Udder Cream that they recommended and it does seem to help. 

The weather has been beautiful for several days now, nice warm days and nice cool nights.  I even left the storm door propped open so the dogs could go in and out in the evening.  At least I did until the flies started coming in.

later….

 

No comments: