A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tuesday

Under tools, internet options, browsing history, settings, I can increase the size of my temporary internet file.  I increased it from 250 MB to 350 MB.  I’ll see how that works.

My sister’s comment on the last post gave me the clue I needed.  Thanks, Sis.

There is a beautiful salt water fish tank in the doctor’s waiting room.  Yesterday when I was leaving a man was working on the tank and there were no fish visible. 

I asked him what he did with my fish!

Now an old lady with a grey mohawk hairdo cannot be taken too seriously so he laughed – first – then he looked a little scared.   The following pictures may explain why.

bobnme

Above – bro-in-law Bob & me, between us we have a whole head of hair.

Paulanme

Paula, my favorite chemo nurse, and me while getting chemo.  My sister took this last week.  As you can see, my mohawk hairdo continues clear down the back of my head. 

Since I had my whole head buzzed on Dec. 10, 2010 the longer hair you see has kept growing. It never fell out.  The sides continue to fall out.  I don’t know why.  If I had left that top hair alone I could have had a comb-over, or comb-down hairdo like some men do.  Oh well.

So the poor scared fish man explained to this crazy looking lady that the fish were all hiding because he had been cleaning the tank. 

He pointed out my favorite grey, fat, buggy eyed fish, I thanked him, and then I left. 

Today the sun is shining which is appropriate for the first day of summer.  The trash and recyclables were taken away in the night. 

The ground was soft enough so Lory built her bamboo teepee and planted climbing beans all around it.  Should be fun for the grandkids – maybe not so good for the beans. 

Both my daughters were here for a while last evening.  They shared some of their triumphs and trials.  We all had input for one another.  This is what family is about. 

later….

 

2 comments:

Linda said...

You're Welcome!! Hopefully it will work. Love, Sis

Linda said...

By the way, I love your mohawk!!