A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Quiet Around Here

I forgot to mention the shaggy rug my sister washed for me.  It was the one that stayed in the mud room, just inside the back door, where the dogs come in and out of the back yard.   It was VERY dirty. 

She used my method of putting it in the bathtub but she didn’t get in with her feet.  Maybe she didn’t want to ruin her pedicure.  The first wash, with about four inches of water, made the rug invisible with dirty water.   It took at least four rinses to get the water to come out semi-clean.

2011-06 001

It hung on the clothes line through several rains before it finally got dry.  I’m sure I thanked her but I will do it again here.    THANK YOU!

The floor under the rug is actually concrete painted to look like bricks.  It looked good till the paint started to chip off here and there.

Also my company gave me a cure for my over heating laptop computer.  It is a fan thing that goes under the computer and keeps it from overheating.  They weren’t using it so I gratefully accepted it.  No more “there I fixed it” methods.

2011-06 002

By the way, it says CoolMax on the top.

It’s awfully quiet around here since they left.  I’ve been reading the books I downloaded for my NOOK from the library. 

Speaking of the pedicure my sister got, she was going to invite me to get one too until she remembered that I don’t have any toenails.  I had them all permanently removed several years ago. 

In fact I tried to have some of them permanently removed more than once.  If my health insurance was on the ball they might have noticed that I have had 15 toenails permanently removed.  It doesn’t always work but must look rather odd on the records.

They were extremely ingrown to the point of the two sides almost meeting in the middle.   My theory is that it could be reverse evolution, toenails going back to claws.  That would be okay if it weren’t so painful.

This evening there is a birthday party in my backyard for my 4 year old great grandson.  I may stay in the house and lock the doors.  It is hot and humid outside and my patience isn’t what it once was. 

later….

No comments: