A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Enjoying Family and another Nook

My sister and I have been trying to take turns talking but sometimes we don’t make it.  It’s great to have time to catch up with one another’s lives.

They brought me some farm fresh eggs from the area we grew up.   I still had one from the grocery store.  Here is a picture of the one from the grocery with one of the free range chickens eggs.  Big difference!  It tasted wonderful.  I have to find a place around here to buy this kind of eggs.

2011-06 001

There was a new version of the Nook coming out and I had put my name on a list at Barnes & Noble to see one of them when they came in.  I called yesterday and they said their first shipment had come and gone already.  My name wasn’t high enough on the list yet.  BOO!

This morning we were doing some shopping at the Health Food Store which is close to Barnes & Noble so we stopped in to see if they had one of the new Nooks to just try out.  They did so we checked it out and I decided I wanted one.  They even called someone to see if they really wanted the one reserved for them – but they couldn’t get hold of them.

When we got home there was a message on the answering machine – telling me they had a Nook for me at the store.  The message was left about 10 minutes after we left the house. 

Someone else had decided not to buy the one they had reserved so that brought my name up.   It was MY phone number they tried to call to see if I wanted the Nook now reserved for me.  Sheeeesh!

Dear sister and bro-in-law had other errands (Sam’s Club and a pedicure – which person had the pedicure?  you figure it out) to do in the afternoon so they picked up my Nook for me.  

We spent some time reading instructions and trying to follow them.  Then a phone call to my niece in CA got us to the final solution.   I now have a book downloaded from the local library on my new Nook.

I plan to try to do it again soon to be sure I can do it.   At my age the learning curve gets steeper.

Tomorrow night is a pizza night in the back yard with kids, grandkids, and greatgrandkids.   I’ll try to get some pictures of the greatgrands if we can get a 4 and 2 year old to hold still long enough.

later….

 

No comments: