A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Chemo & Nook

Went for chemotherapy this morning.   They give me some IV steroids before the chemo which peps me up a little bit for the rest of the day.  So I went grocery shopping at Walmart. 

I pooped out on bringing all the groceries into the house so I brought in the refrigerator stuff and left the rest for later.  Actually I left it for Lory who stopped by and brought it in for me.

Yesterday I tried to download some more books from the library to my PC and then onto my Nook ereader.   It didn’t work!  Then I noticed that I had asked for some books that weren’t in the right format.

I removed those books from my list and tried again.  No luck.  I ended up sending an email to the library computer person.  Their expert, Vicki, called today and we discussed the problem.

I tried downloading again and actually read the message I got when it didn’t work.  What a concept – reading the error message!

It said something about not being able to find the “temporary internet” file.    So I went into “tools” which is now a gear or cog shaped icon, went to “internet options” and deleted the temporary files.

AHAH – I downloaded one book, the second book got the same old message.  So I moved the first book to the Nook, then deleted the temporary files again – downloaded a second book – no problem.

I called Vicki at the library and told her what my problem was and how I had solved it.  She said she would add that to their knowledge that might help other people.

Now I need to find out how to increase the size of my “temporary file”.  It obviously is too small – or maybe the books I want to read are too big.

Anyway, I have books to read on rainy days – we have those often. 

later….

 

 

1 comment:

Linda said...

Way to go at figuring out your Nook issue. Go to the same place you delete your temp files, I believe you will see a settings button to click on. You might be able to increase your temp file there.