A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Number 3 Child’s Birthday

Parental Ramble Warning…………………………

June 12 is my daughter Susan’s birthday.  She was a 7 lb 8 oz. 22 inch long baby.  I think they stretched her too much when they measured her as she didn’t grow any taller for several months.  In fact the pediatrician had us coming for extra visits until she finally grew taller at about 8 months of age.  She is 5’ 4” now.

She was my wild child.  She was tiny and blonde.  She liked big things.  She collected elephants and wanted to play the tuba. 

She worked at every carnival that came to town.  Once I had to go to the next town to collect her from the carnival when it moved on.  They were relieved to see me.

wildchild1

At the local renaissance fair she got the job of giving elephant rides.  For a girl who collected elephant figures this was wonderful. 

Of course, when the Palestinian man showed up at our house a few days later she was a bit upset.  She had been mowing the lawn and they sat on the front steps (not inside – she was a bit wild but not that wild). 

He explained that she shouldn’t be mowing lawns.  So it was okay to lead an elephant around for him but she shouldn’t mow her own lawn.  Whatever she said to him worked as he never came back.

She was a gymnast and did very well at it.  She broke her arm twice, once nearly broke it off.  Eight hours of surgery put it back together.  She could do one armed cartwheels with a cast from shoulder to fingers.

After a few troubled years she went to school and got an associates degree.  Now she wears a hard hat and steel toed shoes and tells the men what to do. 

I am very proud of her. I depend on her good sense.  She is in charge of things for me.

I am sorry I wished her children like herself.  I love her very much.

Happy Birthday Susan!

later….

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love you lots Mom. Peace to you. Susan