A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, June 21, 2010

A Thoroughly Washed House

The house painters came today and power washed the house.  Then God proceeded to do his part in washing everything, along with fire works.  

2010-06 001

I finally had to make a firm decision on the color and pay the price of the paint.  I’ve decided on a really good paint, Sherwin Williams Duration, since I don’t want this to need doing again for a very long time.

We are having hot days with a thunder storm almost every afternoon or evening.   Sure hope they can fit the painting in there somewhere.  I don’t envy them working outside in this heat.

In other news, I received a check from Dr. Khan in Florida.  Hooray!!!  It went straight to the bank.  It was less than I wanted and more than they wanted so I guess that’s a compromise.

When I went to my old favorite day old bread store I found that it is closing.  They had a buy one get one free sale today so I stocked up.  Now I’ll have to find another discount baked goods store.  I sure don’t mind eating snack crackers that are not quite round, especially if they are only $1.39 a box.

The dogs are enjoying having workmen coming and going, it gives them something to bark at.  Silly is failing a bit.  She has lesions in her mouth, probably cancer.  She still eats well and seems to enjoy the same old things. 

She gets 10 mg prednisone each morning and that seems to make her feel better.  One week of every month she gets antibiotics to keep the lesions from getting infected.  A year ago she had a growth removed from her mouth.  She will be 11 years old next month.  I guess we are in a holding pattern.  She still jumps in circles but doesn’t run up and down the fence with the neighbor’s dog anymore.   I don’t run around like I used to either.

Later….

No comments: