A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Clean Up and Burning Brush

Grandson Jake wanted to help me out and earn some money so I gave him a job.  He liked the electric chain saw best of all. 

2010-06 002 

It had rained very hard the night before so I didn’t worry about the fire getting away from him.  At first all we could get was a bit of smoke.  Then we went to the local Dollar General and picked up a couple of fire logs.

2010-06 001

The fire logs did the trick – even brought the fire department.  It is legal to burn outside here so there was no problem.  Just a bit of excitement.

He got a lot of the old brush burned and moved the new heap of brush from the front yard to the back yard and mowed the lawn.  It took two days.   When the new brush dries out it will be ready for another fire. 

Now for another subject.  I seem to have several stealth followers.  I have a site meter on here and there are people who look at this blog on a regular basis that live in places I have never been.  Even saw one from Russia once but I think that was probably a mistake.

So – stealth followers – let me hear from you, leave comments, or something.  I would love to know about you.

Later….

1 comment:

Butter Street Barn said...

Hi Kitty....one of your local followers....amy