A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Problems and Solutions

It rained all morning.  I had a doctor’s appointment at 1:30 and I also needed to pick up some things at the grocery store. 

For a week or so I have not been able to get the key out of the ignition in the  car.  I’ve been locking it up with the remote button and leaving the key in the ignition.  Just kept putting off making an appointment to get it fixed.

It seems to have something to do with the gear shift.  If I could get the little box to appear around the “P” for park then I could get the key out. 

So at about 10:30 I went out to do some grocery shopping but couldn’t get the remote button to unlock the car.  I first looked in the filing cabinet for an extra key but all I found was another remote key.  It didn’t work either.

So I laid down on the wet pavement and slid under the rear bumper looking and feeling for the extra key that I put under there in a magnetic box. 

I couldn’t find it.  Even a few expletives didn’t make it appear.

So I called my trusty auto repair shop and they came to my rescue.  They are about 2 blocks away which is very handy at times like this. 

They got the car unlocked but that didn’t solve the problem, the battery was dead. That was why the remote unlock button didn’t work.   This is a 2001 car and the original battery was due to be replaced.  

So they went back and got a handy dandy portable battery charger and got the car started.

By then the rain had stopped.

I followed them back to their place of business and they sold me a new battery and made an appointment for tomorrow to get the key problem fixed.

I made it to the doctor’s appointment, got zometa and faslodex, traded books with them and then went to the grocery store. 

Now I just have to get up and get going tomorrow to get the car fixed.  It’s always something but there is usually a solution.

Later….

No comments: