A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Storm

What  can it mean when lightning strikes and burns a six story tall figure of Jesus? LINK  <--- click here to see story.

And I thought my family was the only one that called it “touchdown Jesus”.   The figure stood in a small lake which probably made it very susceptible to lightning.

Other than touchdown Jesus it almost looked like he was going down into the water and was asking for help.

The storm took out my cable connection which includes the TV, phone and internet.  This morning the TV and phone were back up but the internet was not.

I called Time Warner,  over and over.  They hung up on me twice.  I know when they are trying to send a signal to the internet it will interfere with the phone which uses the same wires which will hang up the phone call.   Did they know that?

I finally got to the third level of technical support.  That fellow was all business and English was his first language which I greatly appreciated.

With his patient instructions I ended up taking a sticker off the bottom of the router.  There I found a hole which I was instructed to push something into for 6 seconds.  A toothpick worked very well.  That did the trick.

So I just barely found out about the lightning striking the statue of Jesus.   I hope they don’t replace it.  People made fun of it, including me. 

Later….

No comments: