A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

ADD (Attenti0n Deficit Disorder)

The painting is moving along very well.  Even if it rains at night they can work the next afternoon.

The painters tell me they have gotten several new jobs lined up because of the sign I let them put in my front yard.  That is great.  The economy needs workers and jobs. 

Tomorrow I get a CAT scan.  Since I am allergic to the iodine in IVP I need to take prednisone for 24 hours before I get the CAT scan.  Because the prednisone can upset my stomach I also take cimetidine with the prednisone. 

I had the prescriptions for the pills three months ago.  I couldn’t find them this week-end.  So Monday morning I called the doctor’s office and left a voice message asking them to call them in to the drug store I go to.  I even gave them the phone number of the drug store.

Monday evening I called the drug store – no prescriptions.  At 8:30 this morning I called the drug store again – no prescriptions.

So I went out to breakfast with my friends as I had planned and then drove to the doctor’s office.  Didn’t want to leave another voice message.  They said they had called it in. 

So I went to the drug store.  They said they didn’t have it.  So I used my mystic powers of intimidation and told them I would wait until they did have them. 

Somehow, within two minutes, they found them. 

So I was only an hour and a half late starting the drugs.  These drugs make me hyper but unable to focus on anything.  The hyperness could be useful if I could get something done.  I think it must be like ADD – drug induced ADD.

So since the test is at 9:45 a.m. tomorrow, I take pills at 9:45 a.m. (actually 11:00 or so)  3:45 p.m., 9:45 p.m., and 3:45 a.m.   And drink a bottle of flavored goop tonight and another bottle a half hour before the test. 

I know – that’s more than anyone ever wanted to know about CAT scans.  It’s sure more than I ever wanted to know.  It wouldn’t be so bad if I wasn’t allergic to the iodine in the IVP. 

Just had a man stop by and ask to buy some stuff that has been setting around here for decorations.  Since the painters have moved things away from the house they are more visible. 

That gives me all kinds of ideas.  Just set things out in the driveway and wait.  Hmmmmmmm.

Later….

No comments: