A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

New Windows and a Fever

All 16 windows got installed yesterday!  Amazing.  They arrived at 8:00 a.m. and went to work.  They cleaned up as they went.  If I had these guys around this house would stay clean.   These men are either retired or semi-retired.  One of them turned out to be Lory’s ex-husband’s uncle.  It is a small town.

2010-03 003

They are back today to work on the outside.  The outside trim is going to be green.  The trim they are putting around the outside will match the paint trim – when I find a painter.  The window on the left is almost all done, on the right is a new window but with old trim.

2010-03 004

Last night I started shivering, knowing myself pretty well, I took my temperature.  Sure nuff, I had a slight fever.  So I popped some pills. 

Why does something like this always happen on Friday evening?  Looks like a visit to the doctor down the street on Monday – if I can get in.

I’m guilty!  I had some antibiotics left over from the trouble in Florida, good old sulfa.  I am allergic to all the ‘mycins.  So I am taking those for the week-end until I can get something from the doctor.

Those pills were prescribed before any test results came back.  They really shouldn’t do that.  When the test results came back negative for infection, I stopped taking the pills. 

We are having a cold spell, slight frost.  But my backyard is full of violets.  They are like tiny orchids.

2010-03 001

Of course, there are other flowers in my yard.  I used to make dandelion wine but haven’t done that in years.  It is an acquired taste but you can do it with simple items you have around the house.

2010-03 002

Later….

No comments: