A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Feeling Better

Since I said I was sick yesterday I have to get back on here and say that I feel much better today.  Maybe the sulfa is working.

Now comes the dilemma – do I still go to the doctor tomorrow and say “I was sick a couple of days ago” or do I just hope I keep feeling better?

Since I have an appointment with the oncologist on Wednesday maybe I’ll just wait for that.

When the kids were little that always seemed to happen.  They would be fine until Friday afternoon or evening. 

Then you feel like you have to wait till Monday to call the doctor. 

You call anyway and get an appointment for Monday.

Then you are faced with the very unparentlike  feeling that you hope they stay sick until you get them there.

Once one of them had a very bad case of pink eye.  We had to wait so long in the waiting room that the discharge had dried on his face.  The doctor explained to me that I should wipe that off.  DUH

At least that doctor had separate waiting room for sick kids and well kids who were just coming for shots etc.

He came through in a pinch.  If your child was really sick – or had taken a whole bottle of children’s aspirin – he was very patient and talked me through the crises. 

Even to calling the drug store so they would have a bottle of ipecac ready for me when I ran in.

During a long illness he arranged for me to call him at 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. and he would answer the phone himself.  I wonder if there are doctors like that anymore.

People who don’t have children don’t realize they are getting older.  They don’t have any teenagers telling them about it.

How’s that for a ramble?

Later….

No comments: