A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Blooming Wisteria!!!

Several years ago I brought seeds from my sister’s wisteria vine in California and just tossed them among some rocks in the back yard.  They grew and survived because I tend to let everything grow until I know what it is.  I find some amazing weeds that way.  The vine has been thriving for a while but never bloomed until this year.  It has consumed a couple of bird houses but that’s okay with me.

2010-04 001

2010-04 002

This is the front yard where the water line went in last summer.  It is finally seeded and will need to be watered every day for a while.  It was supposed to rain today.  At 4:00 when it hadn’t rained I watered the newly seeded ground.  Then at 4:30 it rained.  I now know how to make it rain.

2010-04 003

Somehow a bowling ball ended up on top of the old well pipe.  Even the bad patches near that and beside the driveway got seeded.  The whole yard got mowed for the first time also, thanks to Lory and John. 

2010-04 004

My new fireplace gas logs will be installed on Monday.  I’m getting there, bit by bit. 

A quick trip to the barn and the grocery store filled up the day. 

Later….

No comments: