A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Another trip to the Dr.

Time just flies - - - - -.  Gave them some blood, they gave me some meds, and it’s back home.  Next month I will see the oncologist.  They gave me a copy of the results of my blood work, like I can figure that out.  I may just try.  Some numbers went up and some went down, not by much either way. 

I’m still trying to figure out what I can eat and what upsets my stomach.  I’ve always had a picky digestive system so this is nothing new but it seems the rules have changed.

All my new windows are now in and trimmed up on the outside.  The first caulk was supposed to match the “evergreen” colored trim.  It turned out to be a lime green and looked a bit like puke.  So the installer went back and found the right color.   It now looks great.  Now for the curtains and the house painter. 

I got two cards of painters from the local hardware store.  There will need to be a few repairs of soffits before the paint job is done.  Also realized the front porch roof didn’t get included in the roofing job a couple of years ago.  The wood under that will need some work. 

Also the natural gas fireplace people left a message that they are ready to install my tiny fireplace logs,  16 inch.  That’s a special order small size.  Even that will have to sit out on the hearth a bit.  I can’t imagine what was there originally. 

The front yard is now leveled out from when I got the city water line installed last summer.  Now it needs to be seeded and watered every day for a while.

The pollen has left me choking and coughing.  The news said this is the pollen capital of the world.  I believe it. 

I still love to see the trees get green and the redbud start blooming,  everything is growing.  My lawn needs mowing.  

It’s always something.  That’s what life is about.

Later….

No comments: