A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Vet and Promises

Took Rascal to the vet’s yesterday, of course Teddy had to go along.  She had fleas so they gave both dogs a pill that would start killing the fleas in a half hour.  I am to give them another dose tomorrow.

She got doses of all the things dogs need since I didn’t have any medical history on her. She moped around last night and this morning.  I pulled out the pink throw with kittens on it and she seemed to enjoy being covered up.

Rascal has gum disease.  That probably explains why she doesn’t eat hard treats.  They gave me an estimate of having her teeth and gums worked on.    OUCH!! 

Rascal has found the scent of the rabbits under the deck and goes a little crazy.  I have to drag her inside to get her to stop.  Maybe I’ll try to get rid of them myself.  Moth balls and vinegar are said to make them leave. 

I overdid yesterday so I rested most of today.  Lory came over and took a load of stuff to go to the barn.

So much for the promise not to block my driveway.  I managed to get in by going thru my front yard between the concrete things and the front of my house by way of my neighbor’s driveway.

100_0128

If you enlarge the picture above you can see my mailbox is on a post.  In the picture below you can see that the post has been replaced by an orange barrel.

100_0129

I set that post myself, dug the hole and sawed off the post to the proper length.  I was able to do that stuff a few years ago.

I’m sure it will all be beautiful when they get done.

Later….

 

No comments: