A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

PET Scan Tomorrow

No exercise today, darn, I planned on jogging – LOL

No food tomorrow morning, just water and meds.

Arrive 8:45 for 9:00 appt.  Wear no metal.  Get a shot of radioactive sucrose, doze for an hour in a very comfortable chair in a dim room. 

Lay still for 45 minutes while being slid in and out of a large donut, with my arms over my head. 

Fun fun and they won’t tell me anything.

My doctor usually gives me a call when she gets the results. 

I have increased the dosage of Cymbalta from 60 mg to 90 mg.  I think this has reduced the amount of vicadin that I take. 

I am also taking Gabapentin to try to stop the nerve pain in my feet.  As the side affects of the chemo wear off I may be able to eliminate that drug.  It seems to be working as I just get a tingle instead of a hot needle type pain.

I know – more than you wanted to know – more than I ever wanted to know, also.

I’m very happy to report that my daughter, Susan, came through her back surgery just fine.  She only spent one night in the hospital. 

She will have a long recovery but I’m sure she will do fine.

We need rain.  I’ve been watering my bucket garden every day.  It was 90 degrees today.  I stayed inside and the dogs didn’t stay outside very long. 

I woke up in the night and found I was using Rascal as a pillow.  She didn’t seem to mind. 

Waking up in the morning is an opportunity for dogs to play on the bed – and me.  Teddy plays his “hide his face” trick then jumps around, surprising me – since I couldn’t see him with his face hidden.  Rascal  lays on her back giving me an opportunity to rub her belly.

The word “off” gets Teddy off the bed in seconds.  Rascal hasn’t learn that command yet. 

I’ll have to set the alarm for in the morning, they didn’t get me up till 9:05 this morning. 

later…. 

 

No comments: