A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bit of everything.

We got a bit of rain yesterday.  According to the news we are almost five inches behind this year.  The corn is growing in the nearby fields and I’m watering my bucket garden on the deck.

100_0135

The big concrete things in my front yard are going away slowly.  They are going in big holes and being filled with fairly large gravel.  I think there will be a grid on top of it all to catch run off rain water. 

There is one just across the street.  They seem to be doing the other side of the street first.  I hope I get one on this side as I get water in my cellar whenever it rains much. 

Yesterday Rascal decided to bark at all the doings in the street.  She thinks she is a big watch dog.

As to Rascal’s breed, the vet and her assistant agree that her head is mostly Yorkshire terrier.  The rest of her is pure dog.  They call the color on her body is merle.

100_0134

She decides to stay out a lot when Teddy comes in.  I have lured her with treats to get her in sometimes but that could become a bad habit so today she is staying outside turning her back to the open door.

Have to do dishes today.  Yesterday I got last weeks laundry put away.  Also went to the local Dr’s office to get blood drawn.  I have become friends with the lady who does it.  Her Mother also has cancer and is under hospice care, still in her home. 

I get my last chemo a week from today, then sometime in July I will get a PET scan.  I am not hopeful that this is working since nothing else has worked for long.

I would enjoy a time (short or long) without chemo.

The neighbor who does my lawn found a sundial under some of the weeds ground cover.  Since the top of the birdbath broke last winter it is a nice substitute.

100_0137

Since it is in the shade most of the day it won’t tell time. 

There are some birds nesting in a gourd bird house I made.  We were nearby when two little open mouths poked out the hole.  Those gourds are the only place the birds have used for a nest even though there are several bird houses hanging around.

later….

No comments: