A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sorry about time lapse

Sorry I’ve been so long getting another post put on here.  Nothing special happening.

Teddy did go meet a new friend.  They did the doggy thing, sniffing etc.  Then Teddy realized there was cat food on the back steps. 

If I tried to feed him cat food he would probably refuse.  Snitching it is altogether different. 

So he didn’t play with the beagle, he just kept sniffing all over the yard for more food.

100_0072

 

100_0073

Lory is doing this introduction because she and John are going to dog sit for me while I take a vacation with Susan the 20th of May.  I’ll be gone from Sunday till Friday.  Teddy will drive them crazy. 

I went shopping at a Thrift store this week looking for something I might want for this vacation.  All I found was a small suitcase looking thing with wheels and a long handle on it.  When I opened it to check I found a very pretty bowling ball inside.  What a find!  I think I have five bowling ball/gazing balls in my yard now.

Friday is another round of chemo so I went grocery shopping today.  I didn’t take a list so I probably forgot lots of stuff. 

My hair grows into a little fuzz which then falls out the second week after chemo. 

I have had a bathing suit for quite a while and may get a chance to use it on this trip.  I wondered what to put in the left boob side to make it look symmetrical.  I finally settled on a pair of black panty hose rolled up and pinned inside.   I just don’t want to scare anyone. LOL

We have had rain but no more alerts or warnings. 

My Nook died a couple of days ago.  I took it to Barnes and Noble and they confirmed that it was dead.  It is interesting that they put all the instructions on it for you to read – except when it dies you can’t get to them.

I had saved the sales receipt so it will be replaced.  I am to send the old one back to them and they are sending me a new one.

In the meantime I can read books on my laptop computer.  The one I just finished is “The Help”.  It was made into a movie but I don’t see how the movie could be as good as the book.  I found myself sitting up till after midnight to read it.

In 1960 I was living in Gainesville, FL.  I had a job at the University of Florida and rode a bus from the trailer park where I was living. 

One evening I was on the bus when a woman with two small children and a bag of groceries got on.  There were no more seats in the front half of the bus so I got up (to shame the men as much as anything else) and gave her my seat.

When I looked toward the back of the bus there were plenty of seats in the back.  This stupid Yankee went way to the back and sat down. 

The bus came to a screeching stop and the bus driver got up and walked back the aisle.  He looked me over and looked at all the people in the bus.  He finally just shook his head and drove on.

None of the black people in the bus appreciated what I had done and I’m sure the whites didn’t either.  This was all before I noticed the law posted at the front of the bus listing off the law about where people could sit. 

I pulled a lot of other dumb Yankee stuff in the three years we lived there.  I guess I’m still a dumb Yankee.

later….

No comments: