A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Home again, home again, jiggity jig

I even braved the hot tub Tuesday morning – in my bathing suit. No pictures please. When I was all evenly pink we got out. 

The panty hose rolled up caused many tiny bubbles as the water seeped in, very funny.  We kind of took the rest of the day napping and playing games on the computer. 

Wednesday and Thursday we had very good luck finding all the items we wanted to take back to family.  A picnic at a shore side park was a treat.

All good things must come to an end.  Friday we were loaded and ready to go but we had to take a last drive around the island. 

A lot of stores and attractions were busily getting ready for the Memorial Day week-end.

Susan in the hot tub from our balcony.

100_0090 

Peace Memorial (<–- link) closed for repairs.

100_0095

Honeysuckle tree.

100_0098

Old lighthouse, now replaced by an automated one.

100_0101

If you look really closely at the end of the dock there is a crane standing there.

100_0094

A view of some of the shoreline houses.  There is also a crane on the dock but he is hard to see.

100_0097

Susan took a video of the ferry ride back to the mainland.  I just spent 45 minutes getting it uploaded – then it disappeared.  Ratser fratsit.

I was very impressed with the powerful engines on the ferry and the amount of water it churned up.  Guess you’ll have to use your imagination.

Teddy was glad to see me but doesn’t seem to quite trust me.  He had become attached to Lory and John.  Lory and her neighbors were impressed with how obedient he was.

Today I went to the bank, the post office and the barn.   I got into trouble for not emailing Susan this morning that I was up.  I just plain forgot.  I am so sorry.

I still have a couple of bags to get out of the car from our trip.  I’ll get to them all….

later….

No comments: