A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday on the Island

My phone does not work here but Susan’s does.  I have had daily reports on Teddy.  John’s Mother is helping them dog-sit.  She feeds him all kinds of stuff so he doesn’t even want his supper. 

I took some snapshots of our room.  We shared the king size bed.

100_0082

The picture of the bed was taken this morning.

100_0083

Today our goal was to drive around the island and see what was available.  We actually found a “Resale and Thrift Shop”.  I bought a hat and Susan found some treasures. 

Then we checked out some of the regular stores.  I found a pair of shorts on sale.  They even have pockets.

By then it was lunch time so we found Frosty’s which says it has the longest bar in the world.  If you put several bars end to end you can do that.

I even had a serving of the beer of the month – watermelon flavor.  Not bad, since I haven’t had beer in a long while.

100_0085

100_0086

100_0087

100_0088

The hat is the one I found at the thrift shop.

Not sure what we will do tomorrow – time will tell.

Later….

2 comments:

Linda said...

What a nice large room! Your hat is very nice too, keeps that sun off, looks similar to one I have. Glad you enjoyed your beer, did they card you?? You and Susan have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

I am a loyal reader but i dont like to comment normally, but nowadays i just thought i would let you know my thanks. cheers!