A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

There was a parade past my house today, not a very big parade and not a noisy one.  The drums beat all together, no special fancy beat.  Many groups carried flowers for graves at the cemetery.  Some poor men were wearing uniforms to represent the Revolution or the Civil War. 

It’s a small village after all.

The unpacking still isn’t done.  The laundry is almost done. 

We need rain badly.  They keep predicting the “possibility” of pop up thunder showers.  No luck so far.

I came home to find my lawn all mowed and my back deck decorated. 

100_0111

Lory and John carried all my indoor plants outdoors and hung up the window that Andrea painted for me for Mother’s Day. 

If you notice the little piece of iron fence at the bottom of the picture, sprouting up in the middle of it is the onion Lory planted.  It has a white seed pod on top of the very tall stem. 

The two halves of potato that I planted are about six inches tall, in the same five gallon bucket.  The window says “Gramma’s Garden”. 

My family is so thoughtful.

Later….

No comments: