A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Rainy Saturday

This second round of chemo has left me with more energy and less aches and pains than the first one.  Don’t know if it is due to the Crestor pill I took the night before or not.  I’ll take another one next time just in case.

Friday I went out to lunch with Susan.  I had a small hamburger.  Then I picked up the mail at the post office and went to the barn.  Several of my good friends were there and I got lots of hugs.

We have been having thunder storms.  Thank goodness Teddy doesn’t get terribly upset about them.  We spent this morning on the couch.  Nothing like curling up under a quilt with a warm dog on a rainy day.

The other evening Teddy came to me trembling all over.  There seemed to be no reason for it until a few minutes later I heard it – the dreaded “CHIRP” of low batteries in a smoke alarm. 

We spent a lot of time going from room to room and waiting for the sound to happen again. 

Finally found it in the bedroom.  It was the carbon monoxide detector the Red Cross gave me several years ago.  It was plugged into the wall socket and I had never given any thought to its batteries.

At least it took two double A batteries which I had on hand.  The whole thing reminded me of smoke alarms which I have to get working and have someone put up on the wall.   I don’t do ladders.

later….

 

No comments: