A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sick Car

Four errands today, give blood to the doctor down the street, buy business size envelopes, turn in city taxes, and mail my taxes. 

I got the first three done before the car went crazy.  I pushed the button to start it as I was leaving the city building and the horn started it’s panic beeping. 

I got the horn stopped and got in the car.  It tried to start but turned right off again.  I tried the key, the same thing happened.  A couple of times I got the beeping horn again.

After several tries I got out the book, (if all else fails, read the instructions).  There is a security system on the car that stops it from running if someone uses the wrong key.  That system is not compatible with a remote start system. 

OOOOHHHHH   NNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!

I called my trusty garage and explained the problem.  I would just like the security system disconnected.   They said they didn’t think they could do that.  @#%$

They came with a large flatbed truck and maneuvered my car onto it.  They gave me a ride home, across the street and two doors down.  Okay, my feet hurt when I walk. 

I took a nap until they called that my car was ready and they would pick me up in a few minutes.  It turns out the remote key start malfunctioned.  They had to unsolder a connection and cut a wire to get it to stop turning the engine off after 2 seconds.

(I did get to the post office after getting the car back.)

Now I get to take the car back where I had the remote start installed and try to get some satisfaction.  At the very least they should have known that a 2002 Jeep wasn’t a good candidate for a remote start system. 

I’m good at intimidation.  I’ll get to practice my skills.

later….

No comments: