A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Getting Ready

This week I’ve been trying to get ready in case this Friday’s chemo makes me feel like the first dose did.

I’ve been trying to accumulate all the food I’ll need for a couple of weeks.  I’ve done all the laundry and plan to have the kitchen sink cleaned out of dirty dishes. 

I bought a tub of potato salad at Kroger, their brand.  I tried it the other night.  I’ve never had potato salad that burned my mouth before.  I’m not sure I want to eat any more of it.  I’ll have to look for Amish potato salad next time.

When I first started chemo, Nov. of 2010, my general practitioner gave me some samples of Crestor to take the night before chemo.  I thought it helped with the aches and pains. 

I ran across the rest of those pills recently.  I’m going to take one tonight and see if it helps.

The weather is warm today, 76 degrees outside.  I sat on the deck and let my bald head soak up some sun. 

It is supposed to rain tomorrow afternoon.  People who got in a hurry to put out their plants have had to cover them several times.  No point in getting in a hurry.

later….

 

No comments: