A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Better Days

Been feeling a bit better each day, pain pills and Phenergan for nausea help.  Some of my extended family/friends showed up with a remedy that is legal in some states. 

I tried it and if it made me goofy, it wasn’t very noticeable from my usual goofiness.  I did eat more than usual for supper and the impressive part was there was a marked improvement in my digestion.

Bad GreatGrandMa!!!! 

The front of my house with tulips.  Yes that is a bowling ball on top of the milk can on the right.  The milk can is over a well head that I haven’t cut off or sealed.

100_0065

Me with the tulips.

100_0071

And the back of the tulips.

100_0069

It has been chilly and windy so I thought I better get pictures before the wind blew the flowers away.

The lawn mower man came yesterday and my lawn looks good again.  He brought along his girl friend.  He used to live next door but he is grown and on his own now.  He has a good job – he is an energetic young man.  It’s nice to be around him.

John and Lory visited and Chris and Andrea visited this week-end.  Chris changed the oil in my lawn mower.   Lory  and John brought a plate of Easter dinner which will last me for a while.

 I’ve been told that just because you get a lot of side effects doesn’t mean the chemo is working.   We will see in a couple of weeks if the second dose produces the same week of miserableness.

I’ve gotten a couple of loads of laundry done but the sink is still full of dirty dishes.  One thing and one day at a time.

100_0067

Been trying to get a picture of Teddy’s face.  As you can tell it’s been a few hours since Teddy was brushed.   Even a few minutes would look the same.

later….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome picture of Teddy. He sure is a keeper. :)