A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Miserable Week

This has been a miserable week after starting Ixempra.  I read the side effects and I didn’t get them all, thank goodness.  The ones I did get were extreme. 

Every muscle and joint ached, a meal more than two tablespoons caused a stomach ache, a head ache persisted for five days, and the buzzing in my ears almost drowned out the TV.  Strange jabs and stabs of pain that make me jump now and then. 

I took a lot of naps and now have permission to take two Vicodin (Hydrocodon-Acetaminophen 5-500) every six hours.  One just wasn’t doing it. 

So on the news yesterday was an article that said people are taking a lot of Vicodin and becoming addicted.  I don’t care, so there.

So not much got done except laying on the couch and taking pills. 

I stirred myself yesterday to ride along with Lory to a couple of garage sales.  The GPS got us lost and twisted up.  Of course I haven’t gotten new maps for it since I bought it several years ago.  I have a new Tom Tom so I will get it out and use it after this.

We had a frost warning last night and now a freeze warning for tonight.  I have nothing outside to worry about.  Another month and I’ll put my house plants outside.

There was a large onion trying to grow in the refrigerator so I had Lory plant it in a bucket on the back deck.  We will see how it does in an outside refrigerator.

Here’s hoping things get better from here.

later….

No comments: