A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, March 5, 2012

March Snow

It snowed in the night last night.  The sun will soon have it gone.  I got a picture of the August Lily leaves, as well as the flower pot that the wind broke.  Sure hope the lilies survive.

100_0039

This is the backyard after the wind.  The small green blob beyond the tiles is a watering can that was on the deck before the wind moved it.  Also all of my fake grass is blown around.  I put it on top of weeds that try to grow between the tiles.  The fake grass kills the weeds.  Vinegar also kills the weeds.  I tried a weed killer once and it made the dogs sick.  They walk on it and then lick their feet so I use vinegar now.

100_0040

I also use vinegar in the toilet tank to fight the lime buildup.  It depends on what is in your water.  We have LIME here. 

All the tornadoes are so sad.  Think maybe I would move after a second tornado hit my area.  It depends on the lay of the land and that doesn’t change.

A few years back a tornado did some minor damage several blocks from here.  About midnight that night two men came to my door. 

I got out of bed, peeked out at them and they looked grim to me.  I got out my 38 caliber revolver, put on my robe, and went to the door, holding the gun in front of me but pointed to the left. 

They backed up and quickly explained that they were firemen and were checking for tornado damage.  Then one of them looked at his wrist watch.  I told them I was fine and they left.

I think they probably quit knocking on doors after that.  Maybe they even told the story to their buddies.  Maybe I have a reputation now.  Good.

I’m doing laundry today and I may get to the post office today.  Tomorrow is voting day here in Ohio and I am still pondering over who to vote for.  Maybe we know too much about the candidates.

I’ll have to decide….

later….

No comments: