A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Chemo Decisions

Got chemo yesterday and talked to the oncologist.  My blood markers are down by about fifty so that is good news.  A PET will be scheduled the end of March and that will tell the tale.

I am slowly and thoughtfully trying to make my own markers as to when I will stop chemo.  One criteria I have decided on is: if the cancer has spread to another internal organ I will stop.  Bones and liver are enough.

The goal has always been stability.  If that can’t happen and it keeps spreading I see no reason to keep doing chemo.

Certainly if the doctor tells me it’s time to stop that would make the decision.  Anyway, I do not find it depressing to try to make these limits.  It’s just planning for the future.

I got a pretty good picture of my favorite fish in the doctor’s aquarium.  He has turned blue from grey so he is prettier now.  You can click on it the make him bigger.  He shows in person on the left and in the mirror glass on the right.  He has teeth and can look around by moving his eyes.

100_0043

The picture below is a bit fuzzy as he was moving and maybe I was, too.  It’s just to show the back of him.  I’ve looked at a lot of saltwater fish pictures on the internet and not found him so if anyone knows what he is, let me know.

100_0041

It is raining steadily today, its in the 50’s but the thermometer is going steadily down.  Teddy won’t go outside and if I boot him out he just stands at the back door and barks.  Small black dogs melt in rain.

Teddy has an appointment at the groomers tomorrow.  I will try to get before and after pictures. That place is such a zoo – literally – that you can’t hear yourself talk.

Looking forward to a trimmed Teddy.

later….

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fish - tetrodotoxin – possibly the most renowned animal toxin; named after the four-toothed puffer fish family Tetraodontidae. Famous also as the occasionally deadly raw fish delicacy fugu in Japan.

:0