A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Bad Weather–March Lion?

Worst weather is missing us today.  The Cincinnati Ohio Airport (which happens to be in Kentucky) has evacuated everyone to their lowest level.

There are several tornado warnings south of us.  We are getting wind and rain and some lightening and thunder.

Luckily Teddy doesn’t get terribly upset.  He just comes and lays beside wherever I am.  I tell him I also heard the thunder and he seems to accept it.

If I still had Bandit he would be in the bathtub by now.

That list I made has had a few things marked off.  Not as many as I would like.  Maybe I’ll start putting things like “get out of bed” and “eat breakfast” on it so I can feel I have accomplished something.

Lory brought me some rutabaga <-link, all cooked and buttered and seasoned.  I looked it up on the internet since I don’t remember ever seeing it or eating it before.  It is just another name for a fancy turnip.  Actually it tasted pretty good – but then my taster is a bit off.

Now they are reporting power outages.  I have a good flashlight setting on the counter so I’m good.  I also have several candles and an oil lamp or two around here somewhere.  My power is usually very dependable.

I went outside yesterday and marked where the August lily bulbs are planted.  They are around the corner from the back door in an area that isn’t often seen. 

The leaves are up about six inches, they will die down soon and then in August stems come up very fast with a beautiful lily.  It is hard to move them as you have to remember where they are after they bloom. 

So I’ll have to mark a calendar for the end of August to remember to tell someone to dig them up and move them where they will be seen more.

later….

 

 

No comments: