A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Fall Foliage

Running errands today I planned to take some pictures of the colorful fall foliage.  I found that the wind and rain we have had this week left the trees with bare tops with a few leaves at the bottom.  Must have been a high wind. 

So I came home and took a picture of my color by my front porch.

100_0250

People have told me this is Sumac.  I don’t remember it turning orange last year.

It was very cold and windy today.  I needed gas ($3.28/gal.) and needed to mail my homeowners insurance bill, that went up by $50. this year.

I guess it’s time to get out the long johns and turtle necks, except that the next couple days should be nicer.  This time of year it can switch back and forth very fast.

I wanted to show you my solution to the touchpad on my new computer.

 100_0251

The light grey patch is the styrofoam that I taped over the touchpad.

My Nook is acting up again.  I’ll bet I have turned it off and back on fifty times.  When I can get to a screen with something on it the only place I can go is Barnes & Noble to shop.  Can’t get to the library books that are on it.  I find that very suspicious.   If I take it back to the store a third time I will not be responsible for what I will do or where I might put my Nook.

later….

1 comment:

Beverly said...

We are paying $3.94 for gas !!!! Guess I'll move to Ohio. LOL