A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, September 28, 2012

MRI

Had an MRI of my head today.  I don’t know if they found any green dogs in there. I’m sure they will let me know in due time. It wasn’t nearly as loud as I remember from one I had before the mastectomy. 

It’s amazing how much faith people have in my brakes. They pull out in front of me when there is no cars behind me, they could wait and have nobody to scare.  It happens several times whenever I do much driving.

Don’t they recognize the “little old lady” with two hands on the wheel without her cell phone even turned on?  If they knew how many medications I am on they would not do that.

My Bro-in-law says his wife is from appalachia.  I was surprised at that as I had never thought I was from appalachia.  Then I got to thinking about my first grade experience.

When I was four years old my Father sold the farm and we moved into Athens, OH to run his new venture, a farm supply store.  His timing wasn’t great due to WWII.  Every factory was making something for the war, not for farmers.

He did well enough that we were still there in 1946 when I started first grade, no kindergarten then.  In fact he stayed in business well into the 1950’s.

I only went to school in Athens for the first grade but I educated them a little while I was there.  They learned that when the ground felt warm you didn’t need to wear shoes anymore. I emphasized the lesson by taking mine off often.

later….

No comments: