A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, September 7, 2012

Post Office And Eye Doctor

First things first.  I had a package from Germany at the post office. Here is a picture of what was inside, well, most of what was inside.

100_0236 

COOKIES!  I felt like the cookie monster on Sesame Street.  As you can see part of one didn’t last very long.  Gingerbread, the best I’ve ever tasted.

The eye doctor had no explanation for a grey dog turning green, or spots of color appearing sometimes.  He said “enjoy the hallucinations”. 

He proved that my lenses  were way out of date so I ordered some new ones.  He found a piece of string in my eye way up under my eyelid.  I didn’t even feel it when he plucked it out.  With no eyelashes you can’t pull your eyelid out to see under it. 

This evening we are getting thunder storms and wind.  My E-Z up (a tent top we used in front of the garage for the sale) went flying with the first big puff of wind.  Lory and John are coming over in the morning to get it back and weigh it down with cement blocks.  Sure hope it didn’t get bent or torn.

I am running a fever again this evening.  I’m trying to remember what it has to be before I call the Dr. I think it was 101 and I’m not there yet.

I learned something at the eye doctor’s office.  Sometimes when I am resting (eyes closed) I get these grey spots that turn into circles (like donuts), move toward my eye (getting bigger) and then go around it, then another one and another.  The Dr. said it was caused by ocular migraine.  HUH.  You learn something every day.

Been chugging water and temp has gone done a bit.  Guess I’ll live.  Got to eat those other cookies!

Later….

 

1 comment:

Linda said...

Yes, there would have been three more cookies, but...guess who ate them!!! Yes, they were the best!! Enjoy and hope you feel better today. Love, Sis