A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

No News

We are getting a taste of fall which makes for really good sleeping.  I get all comfy in a nest of quilts and a dog on each side and I don’t wake up.  It was 10:00 a.m. today when I finally became conscious.

I’m supposed to email Susan every morning to tell her I am up.  I know she worries when I forget or am late.  Bad me. 

Have not heard from my PET scan yet, I’ll assume no news is good news.  My mind is pretty well made up what my reaction will be to whatever the news is.

Andrea (Granddaughter) has offered to take me shopping the next time my list gets long.  She gets three days off every week so she can pick the day. 

I can get there and get the stuff in the cart, it’s getting it out of the car into the house and put away that wears me out.

The dogs seem to be enjoying the cooler weather.  They stay outside longer and roll in the leaves that have fallen.  They both need a bath and may be headed to the groomer soon. 

The last time at the groomer Rascal didn’t get her nails trimmed.  She snarls so threateningly that it took me a while to figure out she is all snarl and no bite.  She probably scared them.

I stuck my hand in her mouth during one of those snarls, teeth bared, ears back, lip curled.  She didn’t know what to do.  Pretty quick she was on her back begging for a belly rub.

Sometimes I have tried growling with her.  Now I have found if I hum a higher note than her growl she follows and we hum together. 

When you figure she only spent two months with the woman I got her from and who knows where she was before that.  She is no spring chicken either.  So I think we have done well, considering.

I’m going to have to make room for the plants that have been out all summer and need to come in.  When I get the laundry done that will be my next project.

later…. 

 

 

No comments: