A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Suspending Chemotherapy for now

Doctor’s appointment – I had pretty well decided before I got the results of the recent PET scan.  I will suspend chemo for now. 

In November it would be two years of chemotherapy and I think it’s time for a break.

There was really no good news in the PET scan report. Maybe it would have been worse without the chemo, no way to tell.  The cancer now shows in the lymph nodes at the top of my chest.

The doctor wants to do an MRI of my brain to see if they can find a reason for the colors that come and go.  A red, white, and blue moon is very pretty but not normal.  Gray dogs that turn green and blue are rare but not normal either.

One of my nurses asked about where to look for geneology info so I wrote down how to get into “Heritage Quest” through the library website. I slipped her a note with instructions.

You just start with the library website and click on research, then Heritage Quest.  It guides you from there.  The census is there as well as applications for pension from the Revolutionary War. 

I found a couple of ancestors who died in that war as well as one who was wounded at Bunker Hill.  You have to search for them in the state where they lived  during the war. If they never applied for a pension they won’t be there. So only us poor folk are there. Smile

It was interesting that most of the applications for pension were five or six pages whereas my ancestor’s was eleven pages long.  I kind of knew he was related right away.

Later….

 

No comments: