A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Buzzed Again and Chemo

Susan stopped by for lunch yesterday and brought her clippers.  Good job, Susan. 

This morning she called and I could barely understand her.  She was very sick and very worried that she might have exposed me to something. 

I got a flu shot last fall and she didn’t.  Hope I escape this one and I sure hope she feels better soon.

100_0014

I cropped this picture to eliminate some of the clutter on my counter.  I keep a lot of things within reach as I hate to get up and search for things I need.

Like most big doctor’s offices, my oncologists office has a fish tank, a salt water tank.  Not many fish show in the picture I took.

100_0015

There is one particular fish that I like, he is greyish/white and has a very round body with buggily eyes that turn one way and another.  He hides most of the time.

A week ago my blood test showed that I was low on red and white cells as well as platelets.  This week they were back up within normal range.  Also I gained two pounds. 

Those corn dogs and chicken fingers are working.  Have also been buying some White Castle sliders from the frozen section at the grocery. 

I also like rice, potatoes, or green beans with the chicken fingers.

The nurses tell me to eat what I want, so I do.  Of course, then I have to take a nausea pill sometimes. 

Love those drugs.

later….

No comments: