A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Update

Laundry today.  Also need to pick up a prescription.  I think I’ll use the drive-thru window so I can take Teddy along.  Even though he gets a little car sick he loves to go along.

Last night he jumped on the foot of the bed with confidence that he would get to stay.  I played his game and sat in his bed.  He kept looking at me and then at the top of the bed, back and forth.

I got out of his bed with some help from the bedpost and sat on the bed and petted him and brushed him and then told him “off”.  No problem, he got down and got into his bed.

I’m still waiting for the palms of my hands and the soles of my feet to get back to normal.  The last kind of chemo had caused them to turn red and be very sore.  I used a soft brush on the soles of my feet to take off the dead skin.  They were smelling pretty bad. 

Chemo kills fast growing cells so it takes a long time for anything to heal.   I got chemo yesterday, it only one and a half hours.  Now I get two weeks off until the next appointment with the doctor.

The weather is supposed to get up into the 50’s this week.  Yeah. 

Now they are saying we may get tornado warnings because a cold front is coming through.

I have made a list of things to do.  I got one and a half done today.  Chipping away at it.  I may even do another one yet today – clean the bathroom.

Later….

No comments: