A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Chemo and Dr. Visit

The next PET scan is the end of March.  That will tell if this chemo is working.  This is the fourth kind of Chemo since Nov. 2010.  None of them have worked for very long. 

My blood markers (CA-27-29) have gone from 174 in Jan. to 298 in Feb and now it’s well over 300.  This is not good.

The Dr. said we would discuss my options after the next scan results.  One of my options would be to stop Chemo.  I might throw a “Stopping Chemo Party”.

I have always contended that people died of cancer treatments, not cancer.   I might try to change that for myself.

Teddy has spent nights in his new bed since we bought it.  He was very hurt at first, he doesn’t like change.  When he figured out that he could still get on the couch with me for naps he was a bit happier.

He lays on his back across my stomach  offering a belly rub opportunity.  If my hands are cold I can get them warm.

Tried to take a picture of falling snow but it didn’t come out well.  The snow is gone again.  We are having a very mild winter.  Yeah! 

More trouble with my Nook.  I finally got a book downloaded but then when I got to page 50 it stopped working.  I can read it on the computer but not the Nook. 

I have found that a lot of the books that are available will not download, saying they can’t find the file.  Maybe that’s why nobody is reading them, they won’t download.

I may have to call Barnes and Noble to see if they have a suggestion for it.  I would also like to take off a lot of the sample stuff they put on the Nook to begin with and can find no way to do it.  YES, I read the book. 

Maybe even a visit to the store if they think it would help.

Cooked a couple of chicken breasts in the crock pot today.  They were stuck together in the freezer bag so I cooked them both.  Had some with potatoes and applesauce.  The applesauce went PSSST when I took the lid off.  Apparently not enough preservative in it.  It’s like hard cider and I should throw it out.  Hmmmmm.

later….

 

No comments: