A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Doctor’s Visit & New Camera

Wednesday was a regular every three weeks appointment with my oncologist.  My blood marker test was 86, last one was 85, so that is good. 

I showed the Dr. my feet and she was sympathetic to the open sores where my big toe nails used to be.  She asked if I had any fever, worried about infection.  She also suggested that I should reduce the 3000 mgs of Xeloda that I take each day to 2500 mgs. 

She even suggested I might reduce it by 500 mgs more if they didn’t start to get better.  Now I understand why this medication comes in 500 mg pill.

I went totally wild and bought myself a camera that I can turn off and on.  Now I just have to figure it out from minimal instructions by someone whose second language is English.

It’s a blue Sanyo, very small.  My old memory card fits it.

I got  a lot done this week in spite of being pretty lazy Monday and Tuesday.  Maybe I have to work up to a few busy days.

Forty eight years ago today I became a mother.  When they hand you a baby they hand you guilt.  Did the drugs they gave me cause her a problem?  Did I do everyone wrong?  But then I look at her determination, her pride, and her industriousness I have to decide somebody did something right.  Most likely a higher power.

later….

1 comment:

Lory said...

Maybe you and Dad and YOU did I say You did something right...Higher power Maybe but did I say You: Did it RIGHT...Thanks MOM!!!