A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Confessions

I’m fessing up here.  I cannot turn on my camera with my sore fingers.  It’s a Kodak DX6730, an older camera.   You push down on a button between two ridges and turn the dial to turn it on. 

Maybe I’ll remember to ask someone to turn it on for me the next time I have visitors – or maybe I won’t remember.

The young man who used to live next door came over today to mow my lawn.  He did a good job and it took care of a lot of the leaves.  He also took the tomato cages out of the garden area. 

He was happy to have a temporary job at Kohl’s for the Christmas season.  He plans to do such a good job that they will keep him on.  I wish him luck, he’s a good worker.

Another confession.

Yesterday I had a senior moment.  In the early evening I turned on the gas fireplace in the bedroom while I treated my feet and changed clothes.  I left it on and closed the door. 

By the time I was ready for bed at midnight, unusually late for me, the room was way over heated.  I opened two windows to get a cross draft but even that took quite a while to cool things down.  I only needed a sheet for cover.  Luckily the low for the night was in the 50’s. 

I just noticed that my Nook is updating something – all on its own.  Wow, that thing scares me sometimes.  Is it watching me while I’m watching it?

I took the stick tree to the antique barn Saturday and went around looking for small bottles to put on it.  It looks really good.  I may have to add some Christmas stuff to it.

later….

 

1 comment:

Linda said...

Sounds to me like a hint for Christmas, new camera with a easy on and off. The bottle tree sounds nice.