A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Explanation

Let me explain something about the last posting.  When I was expecting my first child I went to a couple of doctors in partnership.  One month I would see one and the next month I would see the other one.  They didn’t agree on the subject of weight.  Every other month I would be prescribed diet pills.

I kind of knew this was not right but they were the doctors.  I ended up gaining 60 pounds!  Within a couple of months I was back down to my normal of 106 lbs.  She weighed 8 lbs 2 ozs. 

A couple of years later I gained 90 lbs with my second child and he weighed 9 lbs 1 oz.  It took me six months to lose that weight.  I CAN COUNT!  With the third child I dieted and gained only 40 lbs. and she weighed only 7 lbs.   She looked very thin to me. 

Everyone is different and I must be one of those people who need to gain a lot of weight when I’m pregnant.  I lost it every time.  I was so proud when I hit age thirty and had reached my minimum weight for my height – 130 lbs. 

We have had a lot of rain which upsets Bandit.  He has a very hard time getting into the bathtub now.  I refuse to help him.  If he is very upset I give him a couple of benadryl capsules hidden in a piece of hotdog.  That seems to help.

My dogs had fleas!  I tried some of those over-the-counter flea drops and they didn’t work.  It turns out that Teddy is allergic to fleas and was getting a bare spot on his back.  So off the vet with a large bill for the appointment and the meds to kill the fleas.

They don’t have Medicare for dogs do they?

I had a great Thanksgiving with family.  Yesterday I attended a third birthday party for my great grandson.   The balloon that I couldn’t get tied after blowing it up was a big hit as it flew around the room.  After letting it fly around the room about 50 times I recruited someone else to do the blowing.

My toes are not bleeding anymore.  I guess the reduction of one pill has helped. 

Later….

No comments: