A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Busy Week

Had a very busy Tuesday.  I went to the doctors office for a blood test, the Dollar General Store (got left over halloween decorations to make capes for great grandsons), the drug store (got more Udder cream), the bank (deposited check received for the jack in the box – it sold for $135. on ebay), voted, and picked up mail.  Then I went home a took a well earned nap.

This village is so in between larger towns and cities that our news gets ignored.  I still don’t know if the school levy passed or who won our mayor race.  It may have scrolled across the bottom of the screen Tuesday night but I can’t read it unless I’m a foot from the screen.

I received two belly bands for Bandit.  So far the review is mixed.  One wet one, one dry one and one moved so a puddle was left.

The question of whether to paint the stick tree or not is solved, John and Lory stained it.  It is great and I can’t sell it, oh well, maybe they will make more and I can sell them.

Lory has decided she wants to buy my car since she can’t find a good used car in her price range as good as mine.  So I have been car shopping. Tim (son-in-law) is helping.  I want another small SUV.  My Mazda Tribute has been good and I like to be up a little above traffic.

Lory and John went with me yesterday to check out a Hyundai Santa Fe.  It was being detailed so we couldn’t see it.  The salesman drove us around in a Jeep Liberty Sport with leather/heated seats.

I really liked the Jeep and the salesman called later that afternoon to lower the price. 

Lory has tomorrow off work so we will probably do some more looking.  Even though I wasn’t thinking about a different car it’s kind of fun.

My feet and hands still hurt so I am taking more pain meds.  Where my big toe nails used to be there is are running sores now.  Yes I had all my terribly ingrown toenails removed several years ago. 

Today was a “receive UPS delivery of pills” day.  Tomorrow morning I take the last dose of this 2 week round.  Next week I see the oncologist.  I hope maybe she will let me reduce the dose in the next round.

The weather man used that four letter word in the forecast – SNOW.  He also mentioned a good hard freeze, in the 20’s.  I am hoping that will help my drippy nose and eyes. 

Time will tell.

Later….

 

 

No comments: