A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sandy Wind

All we had was a very restless night with the wind noises.  Our lights didn’t even fiicker.  I think that is because Duke energy has done a good job of trimming possible things that could fall on the lines.  Of course, we didn’t get the worst of the winds.

I haven’t ventured outside to see if there has been any damage to the siding.  I will ask my grandchildren to do that when they visit this afternoon.

I got my bulbs planted.  Probably should put some more dirt on top of them and maybe a layer of leaves, too.  Highs in the 40’s doesn’t encourage me to go outside.  Guess I’m a houseplant.

I managed to change the batteries in my remote control for the fireplace.  The unit is on the floor so I had to get on the floor.  I don’t get up well.  Should have thought ahead and placed a walker nearby.  I ended up scooting over to the rocking chair and using it’s arms to pull up.  I can still touch my toes with my fingers but when the knees get involved things don’t work so well.

The latest teaching experience for Rascal is learning to bark when she wants to go out.  Teddy can do it and she watches him.  After the first lesson she laid in Teddy’s dog bed and let out one bark.  I think that was a test of her voice.  She barks at people coming to the door but that must be different to her. 

Nap time.

later….

No comments: