A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Plans

There are big plans for the spring.  There are a lot of things that need doing to this old house and I am tired of doing them bit by bit.  It needs new windows, a paint job, and the electrical wiring checked.  The only information that I can find for it’s age is that the lot was recorded in 1907.  That is probably when the house was built.

I need to remind myself of things that have been done:

insulation in the attic and walls

glass block windows in the basement and bathroom

new roof

city water instead of a well

new floor in the kitchen and bathroom,

bedroom and bathroom painted

removed a rough rock patio area beyond the back deck and replaced it with decorative concrete squares (seconds)

added a back storm door

added dead bolt locks

added an iron rail on the front porch

had the chimneys checked and capped

Reviewing that list makes me feel a little better but I get impatient.   

I doubt that the chimneys were truly capped as I meant them to be.  There is one fireplace still in existence and when I open it I find bird droppings.  There is also a draft going up that chimney.  I’m not inclined to get up on the roof to check the chimneys.

Now I want to put a ventless natural gas burner in that fireplace so I guess I will have it checked again. 

Plans are fun.  What is that saying?  Make plans, God loves a good laugh.

Later….

No comments: