A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Grandkids and Great Grandkids

Can’t call it baby sitting when the grandkid is 13 years old.  Maybe just spending some time together covers it.  He showed me his BB guns and demonstrated on a pop can. 

We found some pieces for his Mother’s jigsaw puzzle.  We solved some word puzzles on a calendar.

He made me a sandwich and got me a soda to go with it. 

We took a short walk to his friends house to retrieve a video game.  When we got home he demonstrated the video game with a lot of shooting and blood in it. 

Pretty normal kid.

Then this morning there is the baby-sitting with the great grandkids, age 2 1/2 and 1 1/2.  

We read a book that had dogs in it so the kids became dogs and I was supposed to throw stuffed animals for them to retrieve in their mouth.  A lot of “good doggy” and pats on the head.

The 2 year old did fine for a while, then decided he wanted crayons.  I was not prepared to deal with crayons as well as I didn’t know where they were. 

The crying, red puckered face, didn’t bother me, then the whining started.  We decided the only proper place for doing this activity was in his bedroom with the door closed.  That lasted a while with several discussions about whether or not he was done.  He came to the door once, opened it, stood there, then closed it again saying he wasn’t done. 

When he was really done he came out and sat beside me and kissed me and cuddled and said he loved me.  AAWWWW. 

He was just getting around to asking for the crayons again when his Mother came home. 

Thank goodness.

The 1 year old was a piece of cake.  He brought me toys and I thanked him for each one which was a big hit.   He didn’t much like the fact that I keep my car keys clipped to my belt but only scowled about it. 

There is a good reason why women cannot bear children after a certain age. 

Later….

No comments: