A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Doctor visit and New glasses

Yesterday I got my eyes examined and ordered new glasses.  After they put those dilating drops in my eyes the doctor wanted to know if I was fuzzy, I told him he was fuzzy but I was fine. 

I also convinced him to prescribe those drops for dry eye that you see advertised on TV.  He was horrified impressed that I can put drops in my eyes while driving.

Today I saw the oncologist and got my Zometa and Faslodex.  They take blood every time I go in.  Until now I didn’t know what all they were looking at.  The Dr. says they look at “markers”.  I tried to ask what markers they look at but the answer wasn’t clear.

These markers seem to tell how the cancer is doing and any big change in them is important.  So not only the CAT and PET scans keep track of things but these markers also keep track of things. 

So I go every month, give them blood, get my drugs, and go on with my life.  Everyone was wearing green today and they had green cupcakes in the waiting room.  I grabbed one on the way out.  I also left them three paperback books and picked up one that looked interesting.  Kind of a paperback book exchange.

My bowling balls  in the front yard are stacked.  I’ll see if they stay that way.

2010-03 001

Crocus are brave to be blooming already.  That’s what I like about them. 

2010-03 002

Later….

No comments: